Monday 20 May 2013

Mental Health Care in the UK is a Fucking Joke

So.. last october i suffered from bad panic and anxiety attacks. which triggered off my depression which in turn made me want to kill myself to stop the pain.. so what did i do in a moment of sanity?

I went to my doctors. what did they do?
They gave me pills that made me so sick i couldn't eat i end up missing a days work throwing up or shitting though an eye of a needle.

so 2 weeks of that what did i do next?
i went to the doctors who took me off the pills and referred me to a mental health worker. which all he gave me was this fucking boring satan awful  patronising website in the name of "CBT" i was meant to do once a week. how the fuck is that meant to help me i have no idea. got to about week 3 and it was to the stage of i cant be fucked. and a counsellor who didnt fucking listen. people who know me know i have an issue with someone uttering a certain word which causes my anxiety to go though the roof i told him not to say it and he still did. so after that what happened. i was put on a 5month waiting list for "proper" counselling 5 FUCKING MONTHS?! its just as well im not heading out the 8th floor window. but this is the ultimate pisstake..
i got a letter saying the appointment is on the 22nd of this month (today being the 20th) and i got to ring by tomorrow to confirm of cancel and did they bother to set it up at my local medical centre? did they bollocks! they set it up not only in a venue that i have to take 2 buses for and its just outside my bus pass zone. they did it in an area that i rather yank out my pubic hair with tweezers then go near. i mean wow that is treating someone with mental problems with real care. its lucky for them that at the moment im in a state of mind that is not total depression. (though you can tell from this blog i have anger issues) cos that is real class A fucking me about. anyone else would of jumped off a bridge by now.

you wondering how im coping with my mental state and depression. well i found the way is to rant on here to get things out in the open helps. giving up things that cause me to get depressed and have panic/anxiety attacks, this is the reason im STAYING single for a very long time, and avoiding anything or anyone who winds me up or tries to break my self confidence. and also standing up for my beliefs and not be forced to do anything i dont want too. basically be myself not blend into the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment